2019 wasn’t the kindest of years to Ted Cheeseman, starting the year as the undefeated British champion he'd sandwich a draw with Kieron Conway in between defeats to European Champion Sergio Garcia & Scott Fitzgerald, losing the British title to the Preston man. Week One of Matchroom’s Fight Camp affords Ted the opportunity to get back on track as he takes on the rough & rugged Sam Eggington in the headline bout, here Luke of SimBoxx caught up with him to get his thoughts on the fight & much more..
1. How’s training behind closed doors been? What do you feel you’ve learnt from the experience?
It’s been the best it’s ever been as I’ve had facilities to use to train so it’s great as you have no distractions at all and can be fully focussed.
2. After a frustrating 2019 how eager are you to get back to business & back to winning ways?
I’m very eager and more determined than ever to get back to where I need to be.
3. Your fight with Sam Eggington is one that has garnered a lot of attention on social media & is highly anticipated given the likelihood of a fantastic fight, what’s your thoughts on Sam as an opponent? What do you see as his main strengths?
Sam is a very good fighter and he has a lot of strengths but his main strength is that he is very game and has a lot of heart.
4. It’s been 8/9 months since the Scott Fitzgerald loss, have you been working on in improving any specifics in your game in particular in that time?
Everyone will see the improvements in my next fight but as you say I’ve had plenty of time in the gym learning and improving.
5. How do you feel about headlining the first show of Fight Camp behind closed doors? Are you excited by the prospect of such a different environment?
I’m really excited it’s gonna be a great event and will go down In the history books and In many years time people will still be talking about us fighters who fought in front of no crowd and also it’s great to be starting the whole 4 week fight camp off and being top of the bill aswell.
Ted Cheeseman challenges for Sam Eggington‘a IBF internationa super welterweight title on the headline bout of Week One of Matchroom‘s Fight Camp, August 1st.
Follow SimBoxx across all social media platforms
🎥YouTube: SimBoxx Boxing
1 view0 comments